- What is a Digital Certificate?
- encrypt messages and add trust by verifying my digital signatures in Mozilla Thunderbird
“It is poor policy to clamp down indiscriminately on a technology just because some criminals might be able to use it to their advantage. For example, any U.S. citizen can freely buy a pair of gloves, even though a burglar might use them to ransack a house without leaving fingerprints. Cryptography is a data-protection technology, just as gloves are a hand-protection technology. Cryptography protects data from hackers, corporate spies, and con artists, whereas gloves protect hands from cuts, scrape, heat, cold, and infection. The former can frustrate FBI wire-tapping, and the latter can thwart FBI fingerprint analysis. Cryptography and gloves are both dirt-cheap and widely available. In fact, you can download good cryptographic software from the Internet for less than the price of a good pair of gloves.”, Ron Rivest
- This policy is valid for one week from the time that it is loaded by a client.
© Dr. Bernhard Riedl 1998-2013
- bernhard-riedl.com whois site
- bernhardriedl.com whois site
- bernhard.riedl.name whois site
- dd.co.at whois site
- neotrinity.at whois site
- neotrinity.id.au whois site
- neotrinity.in.th whois site
- The author reserves the right not to be responsible for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided. Liability claims regarding damage caused by the use of any information provided, including any kind of information which is incomplete or incorrect, will therefore be rejected. Parts of the pages or the complete publication including all information might be extended, changed or partly or completely deleted by the author without separate announcement.
- Referrals and links
- The author is not responsible for any content linked or referred to or from his pages – unless he has full knowledge of illegal contents and would be able to prevent the visitors of his site from viewing those pages. If any damage occurs by the use of information presented there, only the author of the respective pages might be liable, not the one who has linked to these pages. Furthermore the author is not liable for any comments or messages published by users of this page.
- The author intended not to use any copyrighted material for the publication or, if not possible, to indicate the copyright of the respective object. The copyright for any material created by the author is reserved. Any duplication or use of objects such as images, diagrams, sounds or texts in other electronic or printed publications is not permitted without the author’s agreement.
- Legal validity of this disclaimer
- This disclaimer is to be regarded as part of the internet publication which you were referred from. If sections or individual terms of this statement are not legal or correct, the content or validity of the other parts remain uninfluenced by this fact.