Dr. Bernhard Riedl
- I fully respect your privacy. This website is implemented following the principle Privacy by Design and Default in order to collect as little personal data as possible and feasible. This is not only in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but also a personal objective.
- If you register an account, your profile data (your nickname and – if provided – first name, last name, website or self-chosen description aka “About me”) as well as your last ten comments (including related meta-data) and your total comment count will only be available to yourself and a selected group of other registered users (user-group “Friends”) of this website. Please note that in contrast to comments on restricted pages (indicated with the padlock icon and additional textual information on the top of each page), comments that you make on publicly accessible posts will be available to all visitors of this website (including automatic crawlers) as long as your user account exists. You may go to the profile management page to view, add, update or remove your personal data, except your username, which cannot be changed.
- This website and its underlying system follow current security best practices including the usage of several firewalls, HTTPS connections, all accounts with elevated privileges protected with two-factor authentication and is monitored and audited in regular intervals. The system is operated in the Linode cloud, particularly in New Jersey, USA where Linode, LLC also has its headquarters. A second server exists in Frankfurt, Germany, for delivery of static assets, as described in my blog post about how to set-up a two node CDN. The IaaS provider Linode adheres to high security standards and is certified with PCI DSS as well as HIPAA. In order to comply with the GDPR, Article 28, I have signed the Linode Data Processing and Customer Agreement.
- All e-mails are transmitted using TLS-encryption to Mailgun Technologies, Inc., California, USA. Mailgun self-certifies with Privacy Shield, which is a mechanism to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States of America. In order to comply with the GDPR, Article 28, I have signed the Mailgun Data Processing Addendum (DPA).
- Some of the alternative domains listed in the disclaimer are redirected to the main domain using a secure CDN by Cloudflare, Inc., California, USA. Cloudflare also self-certifies with Privacy Shield. In order to comply with the GDPR, Article 28, I have signed the Cloudflare DPA.
- Server access log files need to be kept according to the applicable laws but never longer than six months.
- Please be aware that data transmission over the Internet can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. I want to especially emphasize that plain-text e-mails are comparable to sending a post card and not a letter.
- I invite you to contact me if you have questions about this policy or if you want me to erase your account or specific data. For more information on data protection laws and how to resolve disputes, you also have the privilege to contact the Austrian Data Protection Authority.
- Cookies on this website are only applied for security purposes as well as for users’ convenience, but are never used for tracking purposes or disclosed to any third party. These cookies are WordPress default cookies (prefixed with wordpress_ and wp-), security related cookies (kpg_stop_spammers_time and PHPSESSID) and viewport, which holds information to avoid flickering when displaying this website on mobile devices.
- Use of Third Party Services
- This website integrates a real-time update service, operated by Pusher, Ltd., England, to refresh the timezones-block in the sidebar. Pusher does not collect any personal information besides your IP address and I opted-out of the transmission of connection metrics to this service.
- Embedded content on this website comprises of Google Maps (only as pop-ups after clicking), Google Search (only on the search-page), YouTube videos (only as pop-ups after clicking) and reCAPTCHA (on the register-page and to unveil my concealed e-mail address) operated by Google LLC, California, USA. Google self-certifies with Privacy Shield. Please note that if you’re logged into your Google account while using this website, it may be possible for Google to associate visited pages of this website which contain third-party content of Google with your account.
- Furthermore the globally recognized avatar service Gravatar is provided by Automattic Inc., California, USA. If you have registered an account or posted a comment on this website, an anonymized string created from your e-mail address (also called a hash) will be transmitted to the Gravatar service on pages where your user-image is embedded to see if you have an account with them. Subsequently the same hash will be used in order to enable Gravatar to provide your user-image. These requests to Gravatar can be blocked in your browser for example with Ghostery. Nevertheless if you post a comment, your optional user-image will also be shown next to your comment to permitted users and – in case of a public page – automatic crawlers. Currently it is not possible to opt-out of this feature. Moreover, every comment will be automatically checked by Akismet, which is an anti-spam service, also provided by Automattic Inc.
- The images and videos as well as related metadata in the media-section are loaded directly from my servers at Linode, but are originally stored at Flickr, owned by SmugMug, Inc, California, USA. The access to these objects is restricted to selected user accounts, which is indicated with the padlock icon and additional textual information on each page.
- Last but not least, I use Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, provided by the non-profit organization Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., which is located in California, USA, to display pop-ups holding information (depicted with the i-icon) related to the content.
- If you don’t want to transmit your IP address to the aforementioned services, you may use a VPN. You may also block certain content with browser plugins or an entry in your local hosts-file.
- This websites uses GeoLite2 data created by MaxMind. The association between your IP address and your country is done directly on my servers without sending your IP address to MaxMind.
© Dr. Bernhard Riedl 1998-2018
- bernhard-riedl.com (whois)
- bernhardriedl.com (whois)
- bernhard.riedl.name (whois)
- dd.co.at (whois)
- neotrinity.at (whois)
- neotrinity.id.au (whois)
- neotrinity.in.th (whois)
- riedl-bernhard.com (whois)
- riedlbernhard.com (whois)
- I reserve the right not to be responsible for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided. Liability claims regarding damage caused by the use of any information provided, including any kind of information which is incomplete or incorrect, will therefore be rejected. Parts of the pages or the complete website including all information might be extended, changed or partly or completely deleted by myself without separate announcement. I am not liable for any content published by users of this page.
- Referrals and links
- I am not responsible for any content linked or referred to or from these pages as well as embedded into these pages – unless I have full knowledge of illegal contents and would be able to prevent the visitors of this site from viewing those pages. If any damage occurs by the use of information presented there, only the author of the respective pages might be liable, not the one who has linked to these or embedded into these pages.
- I intend not to use any copyrighted material for this website or, if not possible, to indicate the copyright of the respective object. Some of the images and vectors included in this website are available on freepik.com, Freeimages, Wikimedia Foundation and WordPress. The usage of aforementioned images and vectors on this website has been permitted due to the licenses related to these objects. The image which is used as thumbnail for the work-experience section in the main navigation has been kindly provided by Mr. Xavier Quesada Allue. The flag icons on this website have been created by Steven Skelton. The copyright for any material created by any author of this website is reserved unless stated otherwise. Any duplication or use of objects such as images, videos, diagrams, sounds or texts in other electronic or printed publications is not permitted without my agreement.
- Legal validity of this disclaimer
- This disclaimer is to be regarded as part of the website which you were referred from. If sections or individual terms of this statement are not legal or correct, the content or validity of the other parts remain uninfluenced by this fact.